Friday, February 13

A Bientot!

I have had a great week alone in my house. On Sunday night, Lindsay and I went to a bar in town and listened to a jazz band for three hours! They were amazing. It is really rare that anything is open on Sundays, so it was nice to get out of the house for a bit. It started as two guys playing guitar, then there were three female violinists, a bass player, two more guitarists, a drum player, and two accordions. They would all take turns playing or jumping into the song. It was one of the cooler things I have done here. Also, on Wednesday night, I went to see an improv show at the university. It was a battle of two improv groups, and while it was really hard to understand, it was really funny and really engaging. In the last skit no one could speak French, and everyone had to speak a different language, so there was someone speaking Italian, another speaking English, and another speaking Spanish, only in Europe could you have that happen and a. find people that can fluently speak all of those languages, and b. have the audience and the actors understand each other. Last night I had some friends over and we made dinner and had a dance party before heading out to meet up with some kids from our program in town. We ended up missing the last metro, and had to walk home! I guess that is the best way to see the city!

Also, there were more strikes this week, and the one at the university is getting more and more intense. The students have blockaded the buildings, so you can't even enter. In the building we have our classes, they only let you pass if you prove to them you are an exchange student, as our section of the university is the only part not striking. Hopefully after vacation next week, things will start to calm down.

So I am off to Spain with my friend Lindsay and my friend Emily ... tomorrow! We are taking the train to Paris tomorrow afternoon, and will be eating tapas by 8. We are coming back on Thursday, to spend a few days in Paris, before classes begin again on Monday. I am so excited and I have been practicing my Spanish. I am so excited to travel as I have never been to Spain and haven't traveled yet. So I will write when I get back and be sure to post some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment