Thursday, November 25

Ode to Pumpkin Pie

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a wonderful day full of family, friends and of course, food. While my Thanksgiving was on the lamer end of things (laundry, rain, and leftovers), I did happen to have the best piece of pumpkin pie ... ever (sorry Dad!). Remember that café I told you about Apple Pie? Where I had an incredible organic Welsh Rarebit? Well my friend Caely (a fellow foodie) and I decided to grab a cup of coffee there today in order to chat it up with the owner about Caely's hope to break into some kind of food-writing-blogging-experience while in France (à la Julie and Julia, her most recent success was boeuf bourguignon, not an easy feat). Coffee turned into coffee and pie, because after seeing the pies "no" was not a valid answer to the question "Would you like a piece of pie as well?" So cheers to Lisa at Apple Pie for making the best pumpkin pie and bringing some American Thanksgiving to France.

Not to make you jealous or anything ...

On that note, I am thankful for living in France, for my family, for my friends, for my students, and for pumpkin pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment