Friday, September 30

the way lunch should be.

In true Verrill fashion, my cousin Gordon emailed me two days ago briefly saying what he was up to and finishing it with "so can I come to Rennes this weekend?" A quick email to my roommate later to announce his arrival and his plane ticket was bought! He arrived exhausted and hungry and so I did what made the most sense: feed him. We hopped over to my favorite tartine place open all day (even on Sundays!) and took advantage of the summer-like weather and each other's company. Gordon enjoyed the special consisting of grilled sardines in a tomato provençale sauce and I had a tartine that was a bit like chicken salad. Add a side salad and a bottle of muscadet and voilà. Let our food adventure weekend begin ...

and that's how it's done.

les sardines



No comments:

Post a Comment