Wednesday, October 19

oh, hey, mélanie laurent.


After a super busy weekend and a very hectic beginning to the week, my friend Caely and I decided to have a low-key movie night and go to the "avant-premiere" (pre-screening) of Les Adoptés. The film was written and directed by Mélanie Laurent who is a very well known actress in France, and is becoming increasingly popular in the US as well (Inglorious Basterds and Beginners). I really enjoyed the movie and it was exactly what I was in the mood for. Also, there was an original score by Syd Matters, so the music was really good. I noticed the lights didn't come on as the credits started so I was a little confused as to why people weren't getting up. At the very end, a young man with a microphone stood in front of the screen to say thank you and "bienvenue à Mélanie Laurent." Caely and I looked at each other ... wait ... what? I had no idea she would be there! She was so cute and so funny and people were able to ask questions. She touched on how she chose the actors, the music, and what it was like to direct her first film - it was one of the coolest surprises. Bravo Mélanie!


photo credit

1 comment: